The Sailing Corina Expedition is an opportunity to come aboard a sailing yacht for short or long term as contributing crew members. We are on an expedition to sail the world and explore foreign locations, meet new people, learn their cultures, encounter land and sea life, witness beautiful scenery and learn history all while documenting the journey.
The Sailing Corina Expedition is a nonprofit endeavor supported by the crews contributions to make it possible. This makes it affordable for many people that may normally be unable to have an adventure of this type.
The Crew members paid contribution is used toward the costs of food, water, fuel, government fees, ship maintenance, insurance and many other expenses. You will only be responsible for purchasing personal items or what you decide to spend ashore. Crew members will also contribute by taking turns preparing meals (daily rotation), keeping watch while underway (4 hour shifts), cleaning personal and common areas (daily). The cost to finance the expedition in U.S. dollars is as follows;
- $55.00 per day / per person
- $350.00 per week / per person
- $900.00 per month / per person
- Singles can use a bunk in the salon or deck or have the option to pay double occupancy for a private cabin.
Because each leg of the journey will take a different amount of time, a custom quote will be prepared using PayPal Invoicing allowing you to make a 50% deposit to make the reservation. The balance is to be paid in person the day of arrival. Deposit refunds and reschedules will not be available due to expenses but we will certainly work with you the best we can to make the trip possible. Vacation insurance is highly recommended and can even cover your costs of airline tickets. Insurance can also be used in case of foul weather causing us to go off schedule. Our route will include spending several days at ports of call which can be adjusted to keep us on schedule. We will be posting were we are on Google Maps so you can follow our progress.
What to expect? Good company, food, adventure and memories. You will have the choice to socialize or find solitude when needed. While on the boat, there is seating for 7 in the cockpit and the large deck space allows people to spread out with cushions. The salon/galley has a large space with seating for 6 and having a cabin gives the advantage of even more privacy. While we are anchored, you will be able to leave the boat as a group or individual to explore the area. There is always a beach, town or city we will be anchored nightly unless you choose dates that will be doing overnight passages or offshore. The boat has snorkel gear for all crew, 2 paddleboards and the dinghy to go ashore and explore. Many locations rent scuba gear if its something you enjoy plus there are many more things to do including hiking, eating out, taking guided tours, renting scooters or cars. its up to you to relax or be active.
Here is the current schedule for January to June. Each location below allows you to come aboard or depart.
- January 13th to January 16th San Carlos, Sonora, MX
- January 20th to January 22nd Rosalia, Baja California, MX
- February 1st to February 5th Loreto, Baja California Sur, MX
- February 15th to February 18th La Paz, Baja California Sur, MX
- February 27th to March 1st Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, MX
- March 4th to March 7th Mazatlán, Sinaloa, MX
- March 15th to 18th Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, MX
- March 30th to April 4th Alcapulco, Guerrero, MX
- April 14th to April 17th Bahia del Sol, El Salvador
- April 25th to April 28th Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
- May 12th to May 15th Puntarenas, Costa Rica
- May 20th to May 23rd Jaco, Costa Rica
- May 30th to June 2nd Quepos, Costa Rica
- June 10th Golfito, Costa Rica
If you have any questions or would like to reserve your space on the boat, please contact me with the location to come aboard and location to depart and I will send you a price quote using PayPal Invoicing. Thank You!